Release!


(archived from Sunday August 23, 2009)

What are you holding on to?

WHO are you holding on to?

Why? 

Are you holding on out of a sense of obligation? guilt? fear?

I, right now, choose to continue to release that which no longer serves me. As you know, I set an intention to do this quite a while ago and I must say that I have found much success in the accomplishment. But as I move forward, I realize that this is not a "garage sale" type of event, but rather a quarterly trip to my local Goodwill Donation Center.

Yes, this releasing is a process. A cycle. Hmmm.... who knew? I have accumulated 34 years of stuff. And at some point or another, all of it served me. If it did not, I never would have acquired it. And as my stuff contributed to my perceived joy or pain or anything in between, I have benefited from it all. But as I evolve, so do my needs. And I no longer have space for that two drawer vertical file cabinet. Or any use for that (once awesomely new) computer with only 60Gb of hard disk space. Or any desire to consort with those stubborn acquaintances who create four-hour emergencies when they know I have appointments scheduled...

And so... 
I release all of these and more.
And it feels soooo good.

I choose to continue to create and allow space for wonderful new gifts and relationships and yes,
new, better *stuff* that serves me as I am in this moment.

In fullness, in bliss, and swimming in gratitude. 
As always, with lots of love to you all, 

Popular posts from this blog

Why is “Youth Akro Skills" a great way to learn Life Skills?

Youth Akro Skills Program Teaches Life Skills with Fun and Fitness

JOY is intention enough. OR Manifestation 101