Practicing PATIENCE keeps me in the flow of my highest good.



One day I drove to the fashion district of Los Angeles to pick up some specific items. My goal was to get there and then get back to the west side before later in the afternoon when traffic would be heavy. As I got to the main street that goes through the middle of the district, I found myself behind an SUV moving at a ridiculously slow speed. Seriously, he was driving under 10 miles per hour, braking very frequently and irregularly as he spoke loudly on his mobile phone while looking out his windows. Over and over, he kept slowing down and almost pulling over before continuing straight. Aaaaargh!! With all disregard to traffic behind him, he was trying (and repeatedly failing) to find his destination. I became increasingly irritated after driving behind him for a few blocks.

What would you do?

I did what many of us would have done and sped around him with a funky look on my face and drove up to my destination about two blocks ahead. When I arrived there, the gate to the parking lot for the store was closed. It was around 11am and I knew that the gate should be open because the store was open. Cars were parked inside the gate in the lot. Frustrated, I hurriedly pulled back onto the street and drove down another block. I paid to park in a public lot and power-walked the block back to the store. As I arrived at the entrance to the store, I saw the parking attendant opening the gate and overheard him explaining to a customer who had been waiting to retrieve her car from inside the gate that he had been in the restroom.

So, folks, you can already guess the moral of this story, right?

Had I simply been patient behind the man in the vehicle in front of me and made my way to the store a few minutes later than I did, the parking lot gate would have been open. I would have saved myself
1. the money I paid for parking,
2. the walk back to the store,
3. the walk from the store back to my car with my bags after shopping,
4. the stress generated in my body from becoming agitated.

Some might even propose that the man on his phone driving in such an absurd manner could have been specifically placed in my day by The Universe to put me exactly where I needed to be. But, in my "infinite wisdom" and ego-furied rush ["Who the hell does this guy think he is? How inconsiderate!!! Doesn't he know I'm driving behind him?!?"], I decided that I would forego all patience and create my own resolve to the situation.

Patience is a tool that allows me to be fully present in each moment.
When I am present, I am most effective in setting, manifesting and allowing  intentions toward my highest good.

Can I find opportunities to be patient today? Can you find opportunities to be patient today?
Can we use those moments to be fully present and open to our highest good?


Affirming All Possibilities for Your Infinite Joy and Abundance,
~Shaun

www.weightloss-7secrets.com




Popular posts from this blog

Why is “Youth Akro Skills" a great way to learn Life Skills?

Youth Akro Skills Program Teaches Life Skills with Fun and Fitness

JOY is intention enough. OR Manifestation 101