Lessons from Heart Rehab

(archived from November 7, 2010)


It is never easy when someone cares enough to show us ourselves.


A lot of strength, grace, trust and patience are then required to move through the rough reality into self-acceptance. Much more of the same is required to utilize what has been revealed as the catalyst to shift. But if I can do all of that, I will be farther along on the path to becoming the person that I have always wanted to be.

I was reminded of so much this weekend:

1. I must always trust what I know to be true, no matter who is challenging it.
2. I am extremely fortunate to have people in my life who can see me clearly and who can so honestly and perfectly communicate to me what they see.
3. I finally have people in my life that I can be real, open and honest with.
4. If someone challenges me to judge others, rather than jumping onto the judgement bandwagon, I must be strong enough to challenge them to look inward and do the same myself.
5. If I do feel that I have a valid judgement about someone, it always stems from a judgement that I have about myself.
6. If I do feel that I have a valid judgement about someone, then the best person to discuss it with is that person, as soon as possible.

I am overwhelmingly grateful for these powerful, life-changing lessons.
I offer lots of Love and Gratitude to all of my Teachers and to anyone who sacrificed any moments of joy or peace to teach all of this to me.

"You have to feel it to heal it."  -Saul David Raye


~Shaun

Popular posts from this blog

Why is “Youth Akro Skills" a great way to learn Life Skills?

Youth Akro Skills Program Teaches Life Skills with Fun and Fitness

JOY is intention enough. OR Manifestation 101